The Spam Gallery is a series of posts that give examples of spam messages, explaining telltales signs of how they are spam.
This email is so full of mistakes, the spammer must be hoping that the recipient doesn’t even read the message and just clicks the link. How many mistakes are there?
- The FROM email is from UPS, but the email message is from FedEx
- UPS and FedEx are always capitalized in that format. Anything else is not their trademarked name.
- The link in the email does not go to fedex.com (or ups.com, either).
- Grammar and spelling mistakes.
- A non-professional closing, “With best wishes”.
Overall, the email looks sloppy. A company would never sent out something that brief and simple. If the email doesn’t catch your eye, or catches your eye in a “huh?” manner, it needs a second look over before clicking anything in it.